Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals
The Call for Satellite Workshop Proposals has been closed.
Call for Satellite Workshop Proposals
The conference venue can accommodate up to 4 satellite workshops. The days available for workshops are Thursday, 24 July, and Monday, 28 July.
To propose a satellite workshop, please prepare a brief description (no more than 2 pages) including the following information:
- ▪ the workshop title
- ▪ the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the organizer(s)
- ▪ a 1-paragraph description of the workshop’s purpose
- ▪ the date you prefer
- ▪ the total amount of time required, from beginning to end
- ▪ the expected number of presentations (both oral and poster)
- ▪ an estimate of the number of participants
- ▪ Proposal submission period: December 1, 2013 - January 31, 2014
- ▪ Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2014
Submission of Proposals
Submit the proposal (either as a Word file or as a PDF file) by attaching it to an e-mail message addressed to:
If the workshop involves collecting a fee and/or registration information from participants, the workshop organizer(s) must make the necessary arrangements, separate from the registration and payment process for the main LabPhon14 conference.
If your workshop proposal is accepted, please understand that NINJAL can provide only the meeting space. All other workshop-related tasks (planning, budget, publicity, etc.) are the responsibility of the organizer(s).
Visa Information for Participants from Abroad
The regulations for entering Japan as a visitor differ significantly depending on the country that issued your passport. For many countries, no visa is required to enter Japan as a tourist and stay up to 90 days. However, for many other countries, a visa is required even for a short stay. If you are not sure about whether you need a visa, please contact your nearest Japanese embassy or consulate.